top of page
  • Writer's pictureArizona Senate Republicans

Senate passes Sen. Borrelli's bill to establish veterans' home in Mohave County

(State Capitol, Phoenix) – The Arizona State Senate today passed SB 1112, a bill sponsored by Senator Borrelli that establishes a veterans' home in Mohave County. The vote was 27-2.

Veterans' homes are nursing and rehabilitative care facilities, whose goal is to maintain veterans' highest practicable physical, mental and psycho-social well-being. The staff cares for geriatric and chronically-ill veterans, dependents, and surviving spouses. The Mohave County veterans' home would have 80 beds.

If SB 1112 becomes law, the State would cover 35% of the cost of building the home, while the federal government would be responsible for funding the remaining 65%. Mohave County has one of the highest rates of veteran populations in the state. There are veterans' homes in Phoenix and Tucson, and two more are being built in Yuma and Flagstaff. Once the feasibility study is concluded for the Northwest Region, and Senator Borrelli's bill becomes law, experts will determine whether the home is built in Kingman, Bullhead City, or Lake Havasu City.


44 views0 comments


bottom of page