top of page

Senate President Fann on the Prop. 123 ruling

"For many years now, the Governor and legislative leaders have made it clear that funding education is one of our highest priorities. We came together three years ago to develop a plan to bring more dollars to our classrooms, without raising taxes to protect our senior citizens and low-income earners. Arizona's voters gave their approval, and the money started flowing. Remember, only 18% of Arizona land is privately held and subject to property taxes. The other 82% is Federal, tribal and state trust land. This plan used the value of our state trust land to benefit our students, which is its intended use by our forefathers. It's a plan that works and my hope is the ruling will be overturned on appeal."

44 views0 comments
bottom of page